Members of the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria, represented by the President Pharm. (Mazi) Sam Ohuabunwa FPSN, the Deputy President, North and South and many more delegates paid a courtesy call to the Minister of Health, Professor Isaac Adewole, who was joined by the Permanent Secretary, Health, Abdullahi Mashi and other officials of the Ministry.
It was a visit that started on a good note and ended on a better one. Thus we expect the best result.
The PSN President presented issues affecting the health sector of the economy
1.RECONSTITUTION OF THE GOVERNING COUNCIL OF PCN,
2.REVIEW OF THE PCN LAW AWAITING THE PRESIDENT’S ASSENT,
3. DISHARMONY IN THE HEALTH SECTOR,
4. THE NEED FOR THE DRUG DISTRIBUTION GUIDELINES TO START OPERATION.
5. PLACEMENT OF PHARMACISTS IN BOARDS OF TEACHING HOSPITALS AND MEDICAL TRAINING CENTRES
6. INTERNSHIP PLACEMENT FOR PHARMACY GRADUTAES
7. SUPPORT FOR LOCAL VALUE ADDITION